Monday, 12 August 2013

Awesome Hanoi, Vietnam #1 KL Tour

It went on as planned. I took a flight from Alor Setar to Kuala Lumpur on 31st July, 2013, two days earlier from the day I was going to fly to Hanoi, Vietnam.

The night before I left my dear hometown, I double-checked everything important was brought together. My initial plan was to bring only a backpack. However, I failed as there were too many stuffs to bring for the one week trip and my backpack is kind of small. So I ended up with a trolley luggage bag and a backpack.

My luggage for the so-called "Backpacking trip".
It was my first time to travel alone and to take AirAsia alone. That awesome feeling was hard to describe. Since it was the first try, I was quite blur. I had checked-in my flight via online. After I reached the airport, I did not know where to go. I should have go to an AirAsia counter and get my boarding pass endorsed before entering the boarding gate, which I did later. After bidding goodbye to my family, I proceed to the boarding gate and had my luggage checked by the security. That night was a long and nervous night, but I still remember the excitement I had.

It was a 55 minutes journey from Alor Setar to Kuala Lumpur. The plane took off punctually. I still remember that night, not long after the plane took off, rain poured. Although I was not sitting near the window, but I can still see that the view outside was a total darkness. All I can see was the light at the wing of the plane blinking in the dark sky.

My flight reached its destination 10 minutes earlier than scheduled. At the arrival hall, I waited for my best friend, Spongy, who had offered me a place to stay at her room. While waiting, I walked around LCC Terminal as it was my first time there. It was very crowded. I can hardly find a place to sit, not even in McDonald or any shops. Spongy and I reached the rented room around 1a.m. in the morning. We were both very tired.

The next morning, we woke up early to visit her university which is nearby the place we were staying. University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus is a beautiful place. Although it is not very big, it has all the facilities a university should have. After the short visit, we took a shuttle bus from the university to Kajang KTM station.

The University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus.
I was so blur that morning, maybe due to lack of sleep the previous night, that I did not know how the ticket seller gave me two train tickets to Mid Valley. Luckily my dear Spongy was there to help me reject a ticket. We took KTM from Kajang to Mid Valley and it was really a long way. However, it was really nice to get to know Spongy's friends that day.

We walked almost whole day in Mid Valley. We went to Reminisce Restaurant for lunch. The food is considered reasonable compared to other places in a big city like Kuala Lumpur. It tasted good.

My lunch.
While we were waiting  for time to pass, we went to eat sushi at a restaurant Spongy recommended, which is Sushi Zanmai. My first time to eat raw salmon! But the sushi was nice. The price was very reasonable too. According to Spongy, Sushi Zanmai's sushi tasted better than other sushi restaurants and much cheaper compared to others.

My first raw Salmon sushi.
Had 2 plates of this.


In the evening after Spongy's friends left, we continued to walk around and took some pictures of Mid Valley and The Gardens while waiting for Wai Chun to fetch us after work. I witnessed the massive jam in Kuala Lumpur that evening. It was really horrible. Initially, we planned to meet up with Alif, the Mr Froggie, at KL Sentral that evening but he suddenly could not make it. Therefore we changed our plan and went to Burger Lab to have our dinner. My first time trying expensive but nice burger. What is so special about Burger Lab? The burger is black in colour. That's all.

The black burger.
After dinner, we went for a movie to kill time. We watched The Wolverine. It was nice. I was expecting that I will fell asleep in cinema but I did not. Proud of myself, huh? =P It was almost 11p.m. when the movie finished. We rushed to KL Sentral after that to catch the train to LCCT. We met up with Sook Kuan at KL Sentral. Sook Kuan and I took the last KL Sentral - LCCT transit at 12a.m. The station was very empty and quiet. It was kind of scary to me but was lucky that Sook Kuan was there.

The empty train.
By the time we reached LCCT, it was around 1a.m. in the morning. We were shock to see the crowds outside the hall. We found Lily sitting in the crowd. LCCT seemed to have its monthly cleaning the time we arrived. Most shops were closed, too. We had no choice but to wait outside. That was a scary morning. Suddenly the crowd in LCCT were coughing. It was like the air polluted and the virus was spreading. We quickly put on a mask to prevent the spreading of virus. Despite the virus spreading around, thanks to Mr Froggie who did not forget to call me though we missed the chance to meet up.

Just reached LCCT with oily faces.
Polluted air in LCCT.

In LCCT, I desperately needed a shower but the hall was closed. At the end, we found that the shower room could be used. Luckily I managed to take a shower before we checked-in our flight. After that, we had a short nap outside Old Town while waiting for it to open. We had our breakfast at 4a.m. that day.

After breakfast, we proceed to the baggage check-in counter. The lady behind the counter was not very friendly. She was kind of fierce when checking-in our baggage. What a service. >.< There were many people leaving to Hanoi that day. We were lucky to get into the boarding gate in time. 

At 6.50a.m., we boarded the plane to Hanoi. So my journey in KL was then ended and going to start a new journey in Hanoi.

Goodbye, Malaysia! Hello, Vietnam!

For more pictures, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment